10 September 2015

Mad Max: Fury Road, 2015 - ★★★★

When I first saw Fury Road I struggled to get into it straight away. On this second viewing I understood (or already knew) what was happening in the first half and could enjoy it a lot more. It's not particularly confusing but it isn't always clear why certain things are happening.

I've also been listening to the soundtrack a lot and this meant I also saw the film as almost a musical. There's certainly an operatic or perhaps balletic feel to many of the amazingly choreographed action sequences. If there are problems then they're probably dialogue related, it's often difficult to make out some lines (even in a newly refurbished Imax screen) and other lines are quite cheesy, it's perhaps a good thing that nobody really says too much.

This (retro-fitted?) 3D adds very little, in fact in some places it makes the film look worse and there are one or two moments when the 3D looks really bad.

September 10, 2015 at 10:29PM

No comments: