31 December 2017

Disappointments of 2017

The new films that disappointmented me the most, I did actually enjoy the majority of these but perhaps not as much as I thought I would.

  • Alien: Covenant

    I did enjoy this but it came dangerously close to ruining the entire franchise.

  • Baby Driver

    Another film I liked but failed to live up to my own high expectations. I think part of the problem was I didn't really 'get' the music and the music is a big part of it. Would like to watch it again and probably like it more but now we have to deal with Spacey so who knows.

  • The Death of Stalin

    I wished I'd liked this more.

  • The Fits

    I was really looking forward to this but it didn't live up to the hype.

  • Justice League

    So disappointingly reviewed I didn't even bother to go and see it.

  • The Killing of a Sacred Deer

    I thought I'd like this one more than I did as well.

  • Okja

    Not the film itself but the fact I couldn't get to see it in a cinema because it was released by Netflix. Some films like Mudbound and The Meyerowitz Stories are fine for TV but this and perhaps things like Bright feel like they should be shown in theatres.

  • The Salesman

    Didn't work for me.

  • Silence

    A disappointing start to the year.

  • The Square

    Great moments but too long. May enjoy it more on a second viewing but is it too long to sit down to watch again?

December 31, 2017 at 02:47PM

No comments: