17 October 2018

First Man, 2018 - ★★★½

Geminee? The fact that this pronunciation bothered me so much suggests that not everything is as good as it should've been. If the rest of the film had lived up to my expectations would I have even noticed? Apparently the pronunciation is kind of accurate (but still wrong). There's a lot that's great, the time jumps beautifully edited without any need for explanation at the start of the film. Justin Hurwitz's score sounding ever so similar to La La Land. The lunar sequences are amazing but I can't help but wonder if that's more because of the the shaky, grainy, close-up look of the rest of the film rather than the IMAX majesty. I already think I'll appreciate more if I watch it again but not so sure if I have any desire to do that.

October 17, 2018 at 10:22PM

No comments: