02 June 2015

Mad Max: Fury Road, 2015 - ★★★½

I kept waiting for this film I've been hearing so many great things about to start but I'm not sure if it ever did. That's not to say it's not enjoyable experience because it absolutely is. I just found the first half to be noisy; not just in volume but having no real idea why anything was happening. Once the plot takes a literal u-turn and the objectives are clearer I did enjoy it a lot more.

It is incredibly well put together and even though I've now read lots about how important the physical effects and stunts are I still thought there was too much distracting CG (but perhaps it wasn't CG after all). Ditto for the 3D, a few superfluous shots appear to be there only for the 3D version.

Today my memory of the film is better than my actual experience watching it. When I watched this montage of "The General" with Junkie XL's score it made me want to watch Fury Road again.

Next time I do watch Mad Max without expectations I think I'll like it a lot more.

June 02, 2015 at 11:06PM

No comments: