15 June 2014

Drinking Buddies, 2013 - ★★★★½


I think it was on Filmspotting when they started talking about film lists in terms of what you would show aliens so they could understand human kind. It's a nice way to think what makes a film great and the first film I always think to include in such a list is When Harry Met Sally. In the last 25 years I don't think another film has managed to capture what relationships and friendships are really about. Until now. Drinking Buddies came out of nowhere and perfectly captures life at this moment in time. Or perhaps an idealised version of it. Or a less-than-idealised version. Or a drunken version. It was only right that I was drinking whilst I watched, perhaps sober it won't be as good but if that is the case it only makes this viewing even better.


June 15, 2014 at 06:06PM

No comments: