22 June 2014

The Raid, 2011 - ★★★★


Two years and one day ago I watched The Raid for the first time and found it was a disappointing experience. The film couldn't distract me from the other things on my mind and as a result I didn't appreciate the film for what I (and most other people) knew was a good film. I've been meaning to watch it again especially before the sequel (which I missed) and so caught it before it vanished from Netflix.


It's hard to imagine how I couldn't enjoy it the first time. If you don't like fights (and I wasn't aware that I particularly did) then you're probably not going to like this feature length series of them. But boy are they done with such style, the whole films looks fantastic but each fight is a wonderful piece of choreography if nothing else. My only issue with the film is the first five or ten minutes which really isn't needed especially as all the character background is then repeated during the action.


Now I need to find the sequel.


June 22, 2014 at 06:53PM

No comments: