08 November 2014

A Night at the Cinema in 1914, 2014 - ★★★★


Two things struck me whilst being whisked back to 1914. Firstly how 100 years doesn't feel that long ago and yet how radically different everything is. When we can get just about anything in our hands instantly I wonder how future generations will know what best represents us and I have a horrible feeling that we're not really reflecting out society very well with the majority of content we produce.


The second point was much less depressing and that was how much the modern audience enjoyed the short films, tonight I heard some of the biggest laughs I've heard in the cinema for a long time. The simplicity of some of the films, especially Pimple, was so inspirational compared to overblown efforts we see today.


I had to leave early, during The Perils of Pauline, so I didn't see the whole thing.


November 08, 2014 at 12:32AM

No comments: