29 March 2016

When Marnie Was There, 2014 - ★★★

Even as a lesser Ghibli films there is still something special such as how beautiful so many of the scenes are. It made me want to seek out more Ghibli wallpapers for my computer. I started wondering how great a video game collaboration between The Chinese Room and Ghibli, possibly with Dontnod could be. Perhaps these distractions were why I never felt as invested in the story. Or perhaps it wasn't really a story for me. How many times have we now seen a young girl sent to the countryside for the summer? I was also distracted by the English dub, trying to place the actor's voices. So I didn't find the mystery that interesting or satisfying but I completely understand how it may appeal to others more.

March 29, 2016 at 02:19PM

No comments: